Friday, May 02, 2014

Quote of the day

"I feel sad and frustrated, but not angry. I want to help my team and I can’t. It hurts a lot. I want to take the ball and give the maximum for the team. When I see we are losing games 3-0 or 4-0, it is very hard for me and I’m on the bench. If I was involved on Saturday, I think I could make a difference. I would like to try. ... I think I can give a lot for the club. I just want to play. I’m fit. I’m not injured. I’m ready to play."

HBA makes clear in no uncertain terms that his current (though perhaps permanent) absence from the first-team squad is nothing to do with ongoing injury problems. This falling-out with the Silver Fox has come at just the wrong time - without Dreamboat since January, we've been crying out for the sort of creativity and guile from advanced midfield positions that, when on his game, he's capable of providing.

According to the Metro, Liverpool could be looking to exploit the rift between manager and player in the close season, though that does beg at least three questions. First, if HBA can't get into our squad, then how could he expect to force his way into the first team of a side currently challenging for the title? Second, why would the Scousers want a player who would not only not be an improvement on what they already have but also potentially prove a disruptive influence in the dressing room, or at least a difficult character to handle? And third, all of this rather assumes that the Silver Fox will still be in charge in the summer - what if a new manager comes in and is prepared to give our most mercurial Frenchman another chance? Either way, it seems Liverpool are unlikely to get an opportunity to see him in action next Sunday.

Labels: , ,

Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home